Vegan Keto Granola (gluten free, grain free, nut free)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (powder)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- sweetener (to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 300F, and line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat (I am obsessed with these...).
- Grind all the seeds up in a food processor.
- They don't have to be ground to a powder, and in fact, it's kind of nice to leave some larger chunks of sunflower seed.
- Mix together all dry ingredients (literally everything but the water).
- Stir in the water until completely combined, and let sit for a few minutes for the mixture to thicken up.
- Spread very thinly (around 1/4" thick) on the baking sheet and pop into the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, break apart the granola (I just chopped it up with a spatula), and continue baking until the pieces are no longer soft and are crunchy.
- This was about another 30 minutes for me, though when I spread it thinner, the time was reduced significantly.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and break into smaller chunks.
- Be sure the granola is cool before transfering to an airtight container.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:32.