Low-Carb, Keto Chocolate Fudge
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (4.8g)
- 3 drops sugar substitute (4.8g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- I followed the instructions roughly apart from I hadn’t got any unsalted butter so I used ghee (not much difference, ghee is just clarified butter).
- I melted the ghee, added a dash of liquid sweetner, added half a carton of cream cheese and the cream, waited for it to bubble slightly.
- As soon as it bubbled slightly I took off the heat and added the cocoa powder.
- It did not look a dark enough colour so I added around 5 times the suggested amount of cocoa powder, it combined nicely, set in fridge and was perfect.
- It is also worth noting that I am in the UK.
- I used Aldi soft cheese (doesn’t have the gums and additives of Philadelphia, it is just cheese only and sometimes when you open it you have to pour off the whey a little as it is 100% natural) and also my cream was double cream which is 50% fat.
- If posters are getting a slurry after it is chilled then there is not enough saturated fat to make it firm.
- You need full fat natural soft cheese, full fat butter or ghee or coconut oil and natural heavy cream with no additives.
- I also used it as the topping of a cheesecake (to put a thin choc fudge layer on top of the low carb cheese cake made with mascarpone and gelatin – not the eggs version).
- Worked great and the normals had no idea and kept coming back for more.
- Peace out
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:47:31.