Keto Golden Turmeric Iced Latte
- 2 cups coconut milk (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder ,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- ice (to taste)
- Grate the ginger and turmeric. Id recommend using protective gloves as the turmeric will stain your fingers. Same applies to your kitchen work top or chopping board so best to avoid your most loved surfaces. Place the coconut and almond milk in a pan . Add the grated turmeric, ginger, vanilla, black pepper. Optionally, add erythritol and MCT oil (extra energy boost). Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Strain through a muslin cloth and discard the spices. Option to add the extra coconut oil, my favourite, stir and pour into a hand blender and pulse until frothy. Allow to cool. Option to then place in the fridge for approximately 15 minutes until chilled. Place ice in a glass and pour over the Dairy Free Iced Golden Milk Latte. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The spices will settle, so simply give the golden milk a quick stir before serving.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:38.