Keto Mexican Kale Frittata
- 225 grams Mexican-style pork ch (½ lb)
- 200 grams kale (½ lb)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (½ lb)
- 1 yellow onion (½ lb)
- 2 cloves garlic (½ lb)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (½ lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (½ lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 large eggs
- cherry tomatoes
- sour cream (½ lb)
- guacamole (you can make your own)
- sriracha sauce (½ lb)
- Wash the kale.
- Remove the stems and tear the kale into small pieces.
- Grease a large ovenproof casserole dish or a deep dish skillet with the ghee.
- Add the sliced onion and cook over a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Crumble the chorizo over the onion and cook and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the kale and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Whisk well.
- Pour into the casserole dish, over the chorizo and kale.
- Add half of the grated cheddar and stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining cheddar and transfer into the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Optionally, you can crisp up the frittata by broiling it for the last 3-5 minutes.
- Serve 1-2 slices with toppings of choice.
- To store, let the frittata cool down and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:02.