Vegan Keto Cookie Caramel Cookie Bars (gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (softened)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (softened)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (softened)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (softened)
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche (softened)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and line an 8”x8” (20cm x 20cm) brownie pan with parchment paper, leaving at least 2” (5cm) extra on two opposing sides to help with removal.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the coconut oil, coconut milk, psyllium, granulated sweetener, salt and vanilla until completely combined and smooth.
- This takes about a minute of stirring.
- Add in the coconut flour, coconut flakes, macadamia nuts and chocolate and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- The dough will resemble a drop cookie dough batter.
- Press the dough evenly into the brownie pan and bake for 30 minutes, until the peaks begin to turn golden, and the dough is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the pan using the extra parchment as handles and let cool for an hour so the bars have time to set up.
- You could always speed up this process by putting the bars in the freezer for about 15 minutes - just don’t forget them! Once cooled, slice into 9 equal portions and either drizzle or pipe the Quick Coconut Dulce de Leche on top.
- To store: Refrigerate in a covered container for up to four days or freeze for up to a month.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:30.