Low Carb Spinach Pie
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts (thawed and drained)
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C).
- Thaw the frozen spinach in a bowl with the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Press down on the mixture and drain any resulting liquid.
- To make the crust: In a bowl, melt together water and coconut oil.
- Stir in psyllium husk until a sort of gel forms.
- Next stir in coconut flour and salt and let sit for a minute or two, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Press the crust into a 9" pie dish.
- Try to make the crust as uniformly thick as possible so that it bakes evenly.
- You can also do this with a blender or food processor.
- It's faster, but then you have to clean a blender or food processor...
- Stir the drained, thawed spinach into the filling mixture until everything is uniformly combined.
- Scoop the filling into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil (to prevent over-browning - it's optional, but makes things look nicer) and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let chill for a few minutes, and then dig in!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:52.