Paleo and Keto Friendly Caesar Salad
- 2 hearts of romaine (chopped)
- 1 endive (large
- 1 1/2 avocado (ripe
- 1 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon preserved lemon (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts (chopped)
- 1 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee (chopped)
- 1 1/2 slices olives (chopped)
- 8 slices bacon (chopped)
- Start by cooking DA BACON to your liking using your favorite method.
- Make sure to hold on to those drippings, you're going to need them to make the dressing.
- And if you do end up with more than 2 tablespoons, you should definitely use that instead of ghee to fry your croutons...
- To make the dressing Add all the ingredients listed under “dressing” to a tall glass jar that’s barely wide enough to accommodate the head of your immersion blender and let them sit for a few seconds, just long enough for the egg to settle comfortably underneath the oil.
- Insert your immersion blender and push it all the way down until it makes contact with the bottom of the jar.
- Push the power button and do not move the blender for a full 20 seconds.
- This will cause your dressing to emulsify and become lusciously thick and creamy.
- After 20 seconds, start moving your blender around and up and down just to make sure that every last bit gets well incorporated.
- Set aside To make the parmesan Add the cashew pieces, garlic and salt to a small food processor and give them a few quick pulses until their texture resembles that of grated parmesan.
- Set aside.
- To make the croutons Melt the ghee in a skillet that’s been set over medium-high heat.
- Cut the Faux’caccia into large dice and throw them right into the hot fat.
- Let them brown for about 30 seconds then flip them to another side.
- Repeat until all sides are nice and golden and crispy.
- Kill the heat and set aside The assembly Add the lettuce, endive, avocado and dressing to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Divide the salad between 3 or 4 plates, top with croutons, slices of bacon and finally, sprinkle with the “parmesan”.
- Serve immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:47:58.