Keto Chocolate Bacon Toffee Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar substitute (granulated)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cocoa powder (granulated)
- 1 cup almond milk (granulated)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 squares chocolate (granulated)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon (granulated)
- 3 squares toffee (granulated)
- Combine the sugar substitute, eggs, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.Pour into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute.
- Stir.Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir.Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Stir.If the mixture hasn’t thickened slightly, repeat for 30 seconds one more time.
- Stir.If you end up with a few lumps you can stir vigorously or run through a strainer to remove them.Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and a pinch of salt.Chill in the refrigerator overnight.Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the 2 Tbsp whipping cream, then stir in the bacon.Spread out the mixture on parchment or wax paper and chill until hardened.Once hardened, chop and set aside.When the ice cream mixture is fully chilled, run it through an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.In the final minute or two, stir in the bacon and toffee.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:29.