Keto Cream Eggs – Easter Chocolate for a Ketogenic Diet
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or other extract such as lemon or mint)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- toasted coconut
- Break the CocoPolo chocolate bar into pieces and combine in a small pot with coconut oil.
- Over low heat, melt the two together stirring constantly.
- Once melted, I used a small spoon to coat the inside of the mold.
- Its a tad tedious but you'll survive.
- You should have about half the chocolate mixture remaining.
- Reserve to cover the filling at the end.
- Once coated, throw the mold into the freezer to chill.
- While the mold is chilling, combine room temperature butter, room temperature cream cheese, vanilla extract, 1/3 cup swerve powdered sweetener, and 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Combine with a hand mixer.
- Taste it! If its not sweet enough add more swerve.
- It should be an icing consistency.
- If its not add more heavy cream.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and fill the eggs with the cream mixture leaving room to top with additional chocolate.
- I added a raspberry in mine (it tasted so good!) Use the remaining chocolate to cover the top of the cream layer.
- Return the silicone mold to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- If the eggs aren't hard enough they will crack when you try to remove them from the mold.
- Pop them out and store in the freezer.
- Consume within 3 days or freeze!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:34.