Low Carb Mint Chip Protein Bars
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel (or cream cheese/mascarpone)
- 4 tablespoons creamed coconut (or cream cheese/mascarpone)
- 120 grams vanilla whey protein powder (or cream cheese/mascarpone)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 ounce chocolate (or cream cheese/mascarpone)
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder (or cream cheese/mascarpone)
- With a fork, mash together cream cheese, matcha and creamed coconut.
- Add in vanilla whey protein powder.
- Combine until a dough forms.
- I used my hands here, and kneaded it until everything was completely mixed in.
- And yes, I used exam gloves to keep my hands clean because I am a baby.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate over dough, and keep kneading until they're evenly distributed.
- Press dough mixture into a silicon pullman loaf pan or a regular pullman loaf pan that has been lined with parchment/wax paper and chill for 10-20 minutes.
- You don't want it hard, just a little chilled.
- Turn out loaf onto a cutting board and slice into 8 equal pieces.
- Wrap in wax paper and store in the fridge!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:49.