Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
- 3 cups green beans (frozen)
- 1/2 cup white onion (frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (frozen)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum (frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce pork rind (frozen)
- Thaw frozen green beans (you can microwave them for 5 minutes to heat them through).
- If you use fresh green beans just make sure to snap the ends and boil them to cook them through.Chop white onion, mushroom and garlic together.Add two tbsp of butter to a saucepan and heat over medium heat.Add onion, mushroom and garlic and cook until fragrant and mushrooms have cooked down.Add the cream and chicken stock and bring to a boil.Once boiling turn down to simmer and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.Add xanthem gum and stir until sauce is thick.Add green beans to the cream sauce and coat thoroughly.Transfer green beans to a skillet and top with crumbled pork rinds.Place in 350 degree oven for ten minutes.
- Broil for two minutes.Serve warm and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:12.