Instant Pot Keto Indian Kheema
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional, omit for keto)
- 1 cup onions (optional, omit for keto)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 pieces cinnamon sticks
- 4 pods cardamom (optional, omit for keto)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional, omit for keto)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- For the Instant PotSet the cup of frozen peas out to thaw (omit for keto)Turn your Instant Pot onto Sauté on high.
- When the display reads HOT, add your ghee or oil.
- When the ghee is hot and shimmering, add the cinnamon sticks and the cardamom and let them sizzle for 10 seconds.Add onions, garlic and ginger and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.Add in the ground beef and sauté long enough to break up clumps, about 3-4 minutes.Add in spices and water, and close your Instant Pot.Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes, and allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure.Mix in the peas if using, and let them heat through and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:35:54.