Keto Burger! Bison, Lamb, Bacon – Oh My!
- 3 ounces ground bison (85% lean, by Simple Truth)
- 3 ounces ground lamb (85% lean, by Simple Truth)
- 2 slices bacon (85% lean, by Simple Truth)
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 portobello caps
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch sea salt (85% lean, by Simple Truth)
- sliced tomatoes
- fresh spinach (85% lean, by Simple Truth)
- Fire up the grill to about 300F (or set oven to 400F).
- Set a skillet on medium high heat and add bacon.
- Cook it until it gets nice & crispy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using a potato masher (or your hands) mix together the ground bison & lamb.
- Toss in the seasonings and mix together, then form a hamburger patty.
- Place the patty on the grill and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once you flip it once, add the cheddar cheese on top and allow it to melt as it finishes cooking.
- Note: make sure the meat is completely cooked and is no longer pink inside.
- I do not recommend eating rare wild game.
- Cut off the stems from the large portobello mushroom caps.
- Using a spoon, scrape out the insides of the caps.
- Lightly spray the caps on the inside and outside with olive oil, then sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Place the caps on the grill (face-down) for about 15 minutes or in the oven (on a baking sheet) for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Tip: allow the mushrooms to lightly cool on a paper towel for about 5 to 10 minutes before assembling the burger.
- They tend to have a lot of water and this will pretty you from biting into a soggy mess.
- Once the burger has finished cooking, assemble the burger with spinach/lettuce, tomato and bacon.
- Enjoy! Approximate macros for 1 burger (and…DON’T FREAK OUT ABOUT THE FAT CONTENT):
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:07.