Vegan Keto Carbonara (gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free)
- 14 ounces firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1 cup hemp seeds (hulled)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package shirataki noodle (hulled)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (hulled)
- 1 scallions (stalk
- black pepper (hulled)
- To Make the Vegan Keto Tofu Bacon:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the block of tofu and slice thinly.
- I got 24 slices.
- Press the water out of the tofu slices with a clean dish towel.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the tamari, olive oil and smoked sea salt.
- Dip each piece of tofu in the marinade and lay it on the baking sheet.
- Pour any leftover marinade over the tofu pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until crispy.
- To Make the Vegan Keto Carbonara Sauce:
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until totally smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- To Make the Vegan Keto Carbonara:
- Drain and rinse the shirataki noodles and place them in a small pan on medium-low heat.
- Add 1/3 cup (80ml) of the sauce to the noodles, and stir until the noodles are thoroughly coated.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce is thick and the excess moisture cooks out of the noodles.
- Chop up 1/4 of the bacon slices (so, I used 6 here) and stir the pieces in with the noodles.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:27.