Gluten Free & Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 120 grams almond flour
- 16 grams coconut flour
- 8 grams arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 150 grams butter (grass-fed)
- 144 grams Swerve Sweetener
- 9 grams blackstrap molasses (grass-fed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 85 grams chocolate bars (grass-fed)
- 70 grams pecans (grass-fed)
- sea salt (grass-fed)
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda and xanthan gum to a medium bowl.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sweetener and molasses (optional), and continue to beat until thoroughly mixed and much of the sweetener has dissolved.
- Add in vanilla extract and egg, mixing until just incorporated.
- The mixture will appear slightly 'broken' (i.e.
- not thoroughly smooth).
- With your mixer on low, add in half of your flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated.
- Mix in the rest.Fold in chocolate and pecan bits.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper (if you use a silpat baking mat they won't spread much, if at all).Divide cookie dough into 12, form into rounds and flatten them to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- The cookies will spread somewhat during baking, but you still need to pre-shape them slightly.
- Place cookie dough on the prepared baking tray (or freeze, see notes).
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, flipping tray around and sprinkling with flakey sea salt half way through, until just set (but still soft to touch).Allow the cookies to cool completely on the trays.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:42.