Keto Italian cabbage stir-fry
- 4 pounds green cabbage
- 17 ounces butter
- 3 2/3 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped)
- 3 ounces leeks (finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped)
- 8 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 cup mayonnaise (finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped)
- Shred the green cabbage finely with a cheese slicer, sharp knife or in a food processor. Fry the cabbage in about half of the butter (or substitute olive oil) in a large frying pan or wok on medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add vinegar, salt, onion powder, and pepper.
- Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until well incorporated.
- Reserve sautéed cabbage to a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the butter or oil in the pan.
- Add the garlic and leeks, and sauté for a minute. Add meat, and continue frying until cooked through.
- Sauté until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add tomato paste and mix well.
- Lower the heat a little and add reserved cabbage and fresh basil.
- Stir until cooked through. Adjust seasoning and serve with a dollop of sour cream or mayonnaise and perhaps even a green salad.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:30.