Italian Low Carb Keto Roasted Stuffed Peppers
- 5 roasted bell peppers (large, I used a mixture of red and green peppers and roasted them over my gas stove)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup stuffed peppers
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian se (large, I used a mixture of red and green peppers and roasted them over my gas stove)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 onions (small
- 2 tablespoons green pepper (large, I used a mixture of red and green peppers and roasted them over my gas stove)
- Slice the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds and set aside.
- Meat Sauce Filling Instructions Brown the ground beef and sausage.
- Add all the spices to the ground meat and sauté.
- Add the 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes Allow the meat sauce to simmer on low for 10 minutes and then set aside to slighly cool for 5 minutes.
- Cheese Filling Instructions Combine all three cheeses, egg and spices until it is perfectly blended.
- Set aside.
- Assemble the stuffed peppers In a large baking pan add a small layer of sauce and then arrange the sliced peppers side by side.
- Add the meat sauce filling to each of the bell peppers (distributing it evenly among all the peppers) Next add the cheese ricotta filling to each pepper.
- Lastly, sprinkle each pepper with the parmesan and mozzarella cheese topping.
- Cover dish lightly with a sheet of parchment paper and bake for 60 minutes.
- Then uncover and allow the cheese to brown lightly for another 10 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:31:14.