Ham, Cheese and Asparagus Quiche With A Cauliflower Crust – Low Carb Keto
- 1 head cauliflower (stems removed)
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham (stems removed)
- 1 cup asparagus spears (stems removed)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (stems removed)
- Rinse cauliflower florets and pulse in food processor until it resembles cornmeal.
- Steam in microwave for 4 minutes until cooked.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a kitchen towel or a sieve, squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together cauliflower, egg, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Press mixture into a greased 9 inch pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until crust starts browning.
- While the crust is baking, blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Beat eggs with a fork with cream, add rest of ingredient and mix well.
- Pour into the baked cauliflower crust.
- Put into a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees for an additional 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:30.