Ham, Cheese and Asparagus Quiche With A Cauliflower Crust – Low Carb Keto
- 1 head cauliflower (stems removed)
- 1 large eggs ,
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ,
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ,
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper ,
- 1 cup heavy cream (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham (stems removed)
- 1 cup asparagus spears (stems removed)
- 4 eggs ,
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper ,
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (stems removed)
- Rinse cauliflower florets and pulse in food processor until it resembles cornmeal. Steam in microwave for 4 minutes until cooked. Let cool for 10 minutes. Using a kitchen towel or a sieve, squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together cauliflower, egg, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Press mixture into a greased 9 inch pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until crust starts browning. While the crust is baking, blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Chop into 1 inch pieces. Beat eggs with a fork with cream, add rest of ingredient and mix well. Pour into the baked cauliflower crust. Put into a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees for an additional 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:30.