Gluten Free & Keto Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 64 grams almond flour
- 21 grams coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (or 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 egg yolks (or 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed)
- 6 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (or 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 57 grams butter (or 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 100 grams fresh cranberries (or 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed)
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (confectioners)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (or 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease and flour (with coconut flour) a muffin tray.Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.Whisk together in a medium bowl almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg yolks with sweetener until pale and fluffy, 1-3 minutes.
- Incorporate orange zest (or extract), vanilla extract, vinegar, and melted butter.
- Add flour mixture slowly, alternating with water (or orange juice) and beating until well incorporated.
- Fold egg whites little by little and gently into batter.
- The dough will be thick initially, but will loosen up as you begin to incorporate the egg whites.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter onto the prepared muffin tray.Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (covering with aluminum foil at minute 13-15), until deep golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing, and cool completely in a rack (they will be very tender when warm, so handle gently).
- They will also collapse slightly as the cranberries weigh them down.
- While the cranberry orange muffins are cooling, make the orange glaze by mixing the powdered sweetener with the orange zest (or extract) and water (or orange juice, if you so desire).Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, though we're fairly certain they'll be long gone before then.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:28.