Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Pancetta and Peas - Low Carb, Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 6 ounces pancetta (diced)
- 1 shallots (small
- 3 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (diced)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley (diced)
- Preheat oven to 400°.Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil over both halves and sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash, cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour.Once the spaghetti squash has finished roasting and has cooled, use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash and remove it from the shells.
- Add the pancetta to the skillet.
- Sauté the pancetta until it is crisped.
- Remove the pancetta from pan and set aside, but retain the drippings in the pan.To the pan, add the shallot, garlic and thyme.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.Deglaze the pan with chicken stock.
- Scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan and mix in.Add heavy cream and Parmesan to the pan.
- Add the pancetta back to the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.Stir peas into sauce.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:46.