Sugar-Free Keto Peanut Butter Cups Recipe - 5 Ingredients
- 10 ounces dark chocolate (Sugar-free, divided)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil (Sugar-free, divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (Sugar-free, divided)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons erythritol (Sugar-free, divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract (Sugar-free, divided)
- 1 pinch sea salt (Sugar-free, divided)
- Line a muffin pan with parchment paper liners (or candy cups).For the bottom chocolate layer, heat half of the chocolate (5 oz, 142 g) and half of the coconut oil (2 1/2 tbsp, 35 g) in a double boiler on the stove, stirring frequently, until melted.
- (You can also heat in the microwave, stirring at 20 second intervals.) Stir in half of the vanilla (1/4 tsp, 1mL), if using.Fill the bottom of the parchment cups evenly with chocolate (about 2 tsp (10 mL) in each).
- Freeze for 10 minutes, until at least the top is firm.Meanwhile, for the peanut butter layer, heat the peanut butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave (same method as step 2).
- Stir in the powdered sweetener, peanut flour, vanilla (if using), and sea salt (if using), until smooth.
- Adjust sweetener and salt to taste if desired.Spoon a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture onto the center of each cup over the chocolate layer.
- It will spread a little into a circle, but not quite reach the edges, which is what you want.
- Freeze for another 10 minutes, until at least the top is firm.Meanwhile, make the top chocolate layer.
- Heat the remaining chocolate (5 oz, 142 g) and remaining coconut oil (2 1/2 tbsp, 35 g) in a double boiler or microwave (same method as step 2).
- Stir in the remaining vanilla (1/4 tsp, 1 mL), if using.Pour the chocolate into the cups, over the peanut butter layer (about 2 tsp (10 mL) in each).
- The chocolate will fill the empty space on the sides of the peanut butter circles and also cover the top.Return to the freezer for at least 20-30 minutes, until completely firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:43.