Keto “Apple” Cheesecake Danish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups summer squash (seeds removed, small dice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sweetener (seeds removed, small dice)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (seeds removed, small dice)
- In a medium frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Once melted, add squash.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, sweetener, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until it is all combined.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring slowly.
- Scoop into a bowl and reserve.
- Cheesecake Filling Ingredients 8 oz.
- room temp Cream Cheese (1 boxed package) 1/3 cup granulated sweetener (Like Swerve!) 1 egg 1 tablespoon vanilla Method: Place cream cheese, sweetener and egg in a stand mixer (or a bowl with a hand mixer works too!) With paddle attachment, beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Scrape into a bowl and reserve in refrigerator.
- Danish Batter Ingredients 4 eggs, separated 1 teaspoon granulated sweetener (yes, we all know I love Swerve!) 3 oz.
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt 1/4 cup Zero Carb Whey Protein (I use Vanilla flavored) 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar Method: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silpat OR parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Separate the eggs, making sure no yolk gets into the whites and placing the whites in a clean, non-greasy bowl.
- Using a clean, non-greasy electric whisk, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yolks, sour cream, whey and sweetener until smooth.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the sour cream mixture.
- Spoon 6 large mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently press with a spoon on the top of each mound to make a well for your fillings.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of cheesecake mixture in each well.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of “apple” mixture over the cheesecake batter.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and a dusting of extra cinnamon.
- Bake 20-3oish minutes, until golden-brown.
- Cool a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet, then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in a slightly open Ziploc bag in the fridge for a couple of days
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:43:22.