Low Carb Vegan Faux Feta
- 1 block extra firm tofu (or firm, cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup light miso
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place tofu cubes in a saucepan, and cover with water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- While tofu is simmering, combine 1 ½ cups water, vinegar, salt and miso to make a brine.
- Once tofu has simmered for 5 minutes, remove from stove and drain thoroughly.
- Transfer the drained tofu cubes to a sealable container that is large enough to accommodate the tofu and brine.
- Pour the brine over the tofu cubes and chill for a few hours in the fridge, uncovered (to cool everything down!).
- Cover, and continue chilling for at least 2 days, but up to 7.
- Drain well before adding to your meal!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:00.