Low Carb, Ketogenic Southern Fried Chicken
- 5 chicken breasts (can use thighs)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (can use thighs)
- oil (for frying)
- Cut up chicken breasts into 3 even sized pieces and place into a bowl.Mix garlic powder, celery salt, chili powder and dried oregano, and coat chicken with mixture.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.Meanwhile whisk the eggs and cream together.In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and powdered parmesan, then pour onto a plate to bread chicken.Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mix and the roll in the almond meal and parmesan mix.
- Set aside on a plate until ready to fry.Heat up oil in a frying pan, then place chicken in to fry.Chicken should fry for 5-6 minutes per side or until it reaches a dark golden brown.
- If you are unsure whether the chicken is cooked you can use a meat thermometer to check for doneness or cut chicken to see if it is done.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:20.