Keto Paleo “Corn”bread Waffles
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (blanched)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten (blanched)
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt (blanched)
- 1 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (blanched)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (blanched)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- I used heat setting #4 on my Breville No-Mess Waffle Iron.Meanwhile, add ground almonds, hemp seeds, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir to incorporate and set aside.Add egg, coconut milk and coconut oil to the bowl of your blender or an immersion blender cup.
- Whisk until frothy.Pour egg mixture into almond mixture and stir with a spoon, just until incorporated.
- The mixture will be thick.
- See below for a picture.Once your waffle iron is ready, drop the paleo waffle batter onto your waffle iron and close the top.
- Grill until crisp, a couple of minutes.Remove from waffle iron, top with your favorites and enjoy.
- This is a savory waffle so can be dressed like a sandwich.
- My favorite, is homemade bacon mayo with fresh herbs, a couple of slices of prosciutto and a side of fresh veggies.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:27:36.