Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe - Low Carb and Made with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon stevia (or Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 stick butter (or Swerve)
- stevia (Sprinkle of
- cinnamon rolls
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener (powdered)
- Combine the Mozzarella Cheese and cream in a microwave-safe bowl and cook it on high for about 1 minute.
- (you can melt these ingredients over the stove top on low if you prefer) 2.
- After all the cheese has melted, carefully stir the ingredients (Almond Flour, Baking Powder, and egg) until all is well combined and smooth.
- This will cool down the dough a bit too.
- Dump the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and begin to knead the dough until the egg is fully mixed in.
- The dough will be really sticky until you knead it together.
- You can sprinkle a little bit of almond flour on the dough to roll it out and prevent sticking too.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth out the dough in a large rectangle shape.
- Melt the ⅛ stick of butter and spread it over the rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and Stevia sweetener on to the dough.
- Roll up the dough as seen in the photos.
- Use a piece of string to cut the dough into 15 different cinnamon rolls.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom or your pan to line it before baking.
- Place the rolls in a baking pan.
- Set the over to 350 degrees and bake them for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking in the oven, you can begin to mix up the frosting.
- Combine the heavy cream, cream cheese and powdered sweetener into a bowl and mix it with a mixer on high speed until the ingredients is nice and smooth.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for about 5 or 10 minutes before applying the cream cheese frosting.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:36.