KALE AVOCADO PESTO
- 1 avocado (medium
- 1 cup kale (medium, peeled)
- 2 cups basil (medium, peeled)
- 4 cloves garlic (medium, peeled)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (medium, peeled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Blend all of your ingredients (with the exception of those last 3 tablespoons of olive oil) in a food processor, pulsing as needed to ensure a smooth creamy texture.
- Pour into a jar before pouring the final 3 tablespoons of oil on top.
- Seal with an airtight lid and refrigerate; it will readily keep a week or two in the refrigerator as long as well-sealed.
- After each use, place a thin layer of olive oil back on top of the pesto before re-refrigerating to help it last.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:12.