Keto Carrot Cake Muffins
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons ghee (melted, or butter)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener (or Lakanto
- 1 cup milk (melted, or butter)
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 shredded carrots (melted, or butter)
- 3 ounces dairy-free cream cheese (melted, or butter)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter (melted, or butter)
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream (melted, or butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (melted, or butter)
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (or Lakanto
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (melted, or butter)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin tin (6) with non stick spray, butter, ghee, or coconut oil.
- Step 2 Add dry ingredient together in a small bowl (coconut flour, almond flour, flax meal, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves).
- Whisk well to combine.
- Step 3 Add eggs and vanilla extract to a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Beat on high for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour in melted ghee/butter and milk.
- Step 4 With mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Turn off mixer and stir in shredded carrots.
- Step 5 Divide and portion batter into cupcake tin.
- Batter will continue to thicken so work quickly.
- If it becomes to thick, stir in an extra 1-2 tablespoons milk.
- Step 6 Bake for 22-25 minutes until edges turn golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Step 7 Make frosting by adding cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract to a stand mixer or bowl.
- Beat on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweetener.
- Slowly drizzle in coconut cream or heavy cream.
- Beat an additional 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Adjust sweetener to taste.
- Step 8 Frost muffins and add chopped pecans or walnuts.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:52.