Instant Pot Keto Low-Carb Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat greek yogurt (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- seasoning (McCormick’s Grill Mates Chicken
- 4 slices romaine lettuce
- crumbled blue cheese
- 1 green onions (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- Add the chicken breasts and chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Close the pot and seal.
- Cook for 10 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
- When the Instant Pot beeps and indicates it has finished, allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Do not quick release.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken.
- Shred the chicken using a knife and fork or two knives.
- Drain the leftover chicken broth from the Instant Pot.
- Place the Instant Pot on the sauté’ function.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot.
- Add the buffalo sauce, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, shredded cheddar, chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until all of the cheese has melted.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps with the buffalo chicken mixture, crumbled blue cheese, and chopped green onions.
- Recipe Notes Total cook time above includes time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and to naturally release the steam.
- If you do not have an Instant Pot you can make your chicken breasts using a slow-cooker or crockpot.
- Cook the chicken in the slow-cooker with chicken broth for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
- All of the other directions in this recipe will remain the same.
- Because the chicken is cooked in broth it will have some flavor.
- Be cautious with how much seasoning, salt, and pepper you add.
- This recipe shouldn't need much.
- Add a small amount, taste a little, and adjust if needed.
- You can also use butter or bib lettuce.
- I used crumbled blue cheese, feel free to use keto-friendly blue cheese dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the lettuce wrap.
- It sounds amazing.
- I will definitely try that out the next time I prepare these wraps
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:01.