Perfect Spinach & Feta Omelet
- 3 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white mushrooms (free-range or organic)
- 3 cups spinach (free-range or organic)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (free-range or organic)
- First, prepare the filling.
- Peel and finely dice the garlic and place on a pan greased with a tablespoon of ghee.
- Season with salt and cook over a medium-high heat for just a minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted for just a minute or two (squeeze out the water if using frozen and thawed spinach).
- Take off the heat and place in a bowl.
- Discard the excess liquids before using the pan for cooking the omelet.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix using a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the eggs evenly in a hot pan greased with a tablespoon of ghee.
- Use a spatula to bring in the egg from the sides towards to centre for the first 30 seconds.
- Tilt the pan as needed to cover it with the eggs.
- Lower the heat and cook for another minute.
- Don't rush it and don't try to cook it fast or the omelet will end up being too crispy and dry.
- The desired texture should be soft and fluffy.
- When the top is almost cooked, add the spinach and mushroom topping and crumbled feta.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:51.