Turnip Fauxtato Salad [Recipe]
- 4 turnips (medium
- 2 eggs (hardboiled)
- 1 dill pickles (medium, chopped, 400g)
- mayonnaise (4 tablespoons)
- mustard (2 teaspoons)
- pickle juice (medium, chopped, 400g)
- Boil two pots of water.Wash and peel turnips.
- Chop into medium size chunks.Place turnip pieces into one pot of boiling water for 20 minutes.In the other pot of water, hardboil 2 eggs for 12 minutes.Remove eggs from water, place in cool water or ice bath.Strain turnips and rinse with cool water to stop them from overcooking.Place turnips on paper towels to drain excess fluid and allow cooling.Coarsely chop hardboiled eggs.Mince dill pickle.Combine mayo, mustard, pickle juice, chopped eggs and minced pickle in a large bowl.
- Stir until a smooth sauce is formed.Add cooled turnips to the sauce and mix until even coated.Cover in plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:49.