Coconut Haystacks (Keto /Low Carb)
- 1/2 chocolate chips (a bag of Lily's)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes (a bag of Lily's)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Spread coconut on a cookie sheet and bake for 3 minutes.Remove from oven, stir, then cook again for 3 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned.Using a double boiler, bring water to a boil, then turn down to simmer.Add ½ a bag of Lily's Chocolate Chips and butter in a double boiler and stir until completely melted.Add toasted coconut to melted chocolate.
- Unsweetened coconut varies in shape and size so it may take a little less than the amount I have listed.
- Keep adding coconut until it is completely coated with the melted chocolate.Spoon approx a ½ to ¾ a teaspoon at a time on parchment paper.Set in freezer for 10 minutes, then store in fridge.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:36.