Broccoli Cheese Pie
- 1 broccoli (average,
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (average, 250g / 8.8 oz)
- 3 large eggs (average, 250g / 8.8 oz)
- 4 tablespoons cream (average, 250g / 8.8 oz)
- 6 anchovies ,
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ,
- salt ,
- pepper ,
- 1/2 cup microgreens (average, 250g / 8.8 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F. Wash the broccoli and cut it into florets. Place them into a steamer for about 5-8 minutes until the stalks are lightly tender. When done, place it in a bowl and blend until smooth. Add grated parmesan cheese, eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon the mixture into silicone forms equally (the ones I used are about 200 ml / 6.7 fl oz). Silicon forms like these are the best I tried for the recipe: nothing gets stuck and you can easily empty them! You will need to bake them in a water bath. This will prevent the top from drying and cracking. This is how you do it: place the silicone forms on a baking tray and add 2 cm / 1 inch of water into the tray. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. When done, set aside and let the cakes cool down. Finely chop the anchovies and mix them with olive oil. When the cakes are chilled, remove them from the forms, spoon anchovies on the top and garnish with micro greens. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:35.