Mushroom Bacon Skillet
- 4 slices bacon (pastured)
- 2 cups mushrooms (pastured)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon confit (pastured)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heatWhile it comes to temperature prepare your ingredientsCut the bacon into ½ inch piecesSlice the mushrooms in halfRemove the thyme leaves from the stemsAdd the bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy then move it to the side and add in the mushrooms.
- Saute, stirring often until browned and beginning to softenAdd in the salt, thyme and garlic.
- Keep cooking, stirring often for another 5 minutesRemove from the heat when the mushrooms are golden, juicy and gleaming in fatServe over greens, with soft boiled eggs or pile stir into some warm broth
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:19.