Ultimate Bacon Hash
- 14 slices bacon (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 4 cups white mushrooms (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1/2 orange (medium,
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard ,
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream ,
- coconut milk ,
- 1 tablespoon ghee (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1 pinch salt (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- Slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the bacon. I used organic bacon with high fat content. Juice and zest the orange and keep aside for later. Grease a medium skillet with ghee, butter or coconut oil and add roughly chopped bacon. Cook until slightly browned from all sides. Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the orange zest and stir in well. Add mustard, orange juice and cream (or coconut milk) and cook until the sauce thickens. Make sure you keep stirring to avoid sticking. Take off the heat, place on a serving plate and enjoy! Unless you follow my 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge, you can serve it on top of toasted Low-carb "Rye" Bread!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:10.