Ultimate Bacon Hash
- 14 slices bacon (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 4 cups white mushrooms (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1/2 orange (medium
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1 pinch salt (roughly sliced, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- Slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the bacon.
- I used organic bacon with high fat content.
- Juice and zest the orange and keep aside for later.
- Grease a medium skillet with ghee, butter or coconut oil and add roughly chopped bacon.
- Cook until slightly browned from all sides.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and stir in well.
- Add mustard, orange juice and cream (or coconut milk) and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Make sure you keep stirring to avoid sticking.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:10.