- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF.
- Take a dry cookie sheet and spread your hazelnuts evenly on it in one layer.
- When your oven is hot enough, place the cookie sheet in the oven and roast for about 10-15 minutes.
- You'll see the hazelnuts becoming a little browner and the skins becoming almost black.
- After the time's up, take the nuts out and let them cool just a bit.
- While they're cooling, dampen a kitchen towel and place it on your counter top.
- Pour the nuts onto half the towel and spread them out a little.
- Then fold over the other half of the towel and start to rub vigorously.
- Once most of your nuts have their skins off, pick the nuts off the towel and drop them, into a food processor, or in our case, Nutribullet.
- Blend the hazelnuts for a few minutes- until it starts to look like peanut butter.
- If you see your hazelnut butter starting to stick to the sides and miss the blades, you can add a tablespoon of coconut oil, or any other mild tasting oil.
- You may also want to stop the blender/processor a few times to make sure to scrape the sides down and incorporate everything into the mixture.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, paleo or keto! See both variations in the right sidebar.
- Keep blending and scraping the sides.
- Once your spread looks like the real thing, you're done! Now all that's left is to decide what to spread your homemade Nutella on!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:05.