Chocolate Covered Macaroons (Paleo, Keto)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 large egg whites
- 1/4 erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and spread shredded coconut in a thin layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 5 minutes until toasted.While the coconut is toasting, beat the egg white until it's foamy and doubled in size.
- Add Erythritol, salt and extract slowly while mixing.
- When the coconut flakes have toasted and cooled, add them into the egg mixture and fold everything together.
- Using a spoon, tightly pack little balls of macaroon batter and gently place them on the parchment paper.
- Bake until they're golden, or about 15 minutes.While they're baking, make the chocolate drizzle by melting coconut oil and chocolate chips, stirring frequently.When the macaroons are done, drizzle the chocolate over them.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:30:45.