Creamy Turkey Taco Soup - Low Carb, Keto
- 15 ounces black beans (drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes (drained)
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic (drained)
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 3/4 cup sweet onion (drained)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese (drained)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- Add black beans, stewed tomatoes with juice, tomatoes and green chilies with juice, beef broth, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, combine ground turkey, onion, cumin, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Saute until turkey is cooked all the way through – About 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add cream cheese to pan and mix until completely combined with turkey mixture.Add turkey mixture, and heavy cream to slow cooker.
- Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:30:00.