Cheese Dog Pockets
- 4 hot dogs (or hot links, check for carb content, cut into “pennies”.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (or hot links, check for carb content, cut into “pennies”.)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (or hot links, check for carb content, cut into “pennies”.)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or hot links, check for carb content, cut into “pennies”.)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Measure out almond flour, add garlic powder, salt, and xanthan gum and stir in a bowl.
- Put cheeses into a microwave safe bowl and heat for about a minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir the cheeses for 30 seconds; add almond flour mixture and egg.
- If it is too stringy, heat for another 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Wet hands and form into 4 balls on a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- Spread each ball into a rectangle with wet hands.
- You want it to be relatively thin so that it is crispy (unless you like really soft doughy texture for your pocket).
- Fill each rectangle with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/4 of the sliced hot dogs.
- Fold over to close the pocket, and press around the edges with a fork to secure the sides.
- Poke the crust a few times with a fork.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Watch for doneness starting at 15 minutes and pull from the oven when they are a dark, golden brown
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:07.