Keto Coconut Lime Bars
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (melted)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (melted)
- 1/3 cup sweetener (melted)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sweetener (melted)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (melted)
- 1/4 cup lime zest (melted)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons gelatin (melted)
- To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well with a fork until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press firmly into a 8 by 8 baking pan, going about 1/2 inch up the sides.
- For best results line the pan with parchment paper or foil first, then you can simply lift out the completed lemon bars.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool while you make the filling.
- To make the filling:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sweetener, lime juice, and lime zest until dissolved.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat.
- Cook over low heat, whisking continually until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the the xanthan gum and gelatin until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the par-baked crust and spread out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake the bars at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven the and cool for 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:25.