Indian Keto Coconut Bars
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded dried coconut (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 2/3 cup ghee (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 5 tablespoons erythritol (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 20 saffron threads
- chopped almonds (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- Take a bowl and mix the shredded coconut with 300 ml (1 1/4 cup/ 10.1 fl oz) of coconut milk.
- Keep this mixture aside for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining 20 ml (0.7 fl oz) coconut milk; add the saffron threads and the erythritol.
- Mix it properly for the sugar to dissolve.
- After 30 minutes, heat a wok and melt the ghee in it.
- Add the coconut mixture, and keep mixing ensuring the flame is at low and the mixture does not stick to the surface.
- Keep mixing for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Elaichi / cardamom powder and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes.
- Take a baking tray/ barfi tray (I used a 16 cm/ 6.3 inch square baking tray), butter it and spread the mixture evenly, up to 1 cm thick.
- Freeze it for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Cut small squares according to your own liking and the barfi is ready.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days or if too soft, freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:10:43.