Indian Keto Coconut Bars
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded dried coconut (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 2/3 cup ghee (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 5 tablespoons erythritol (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 20 saffron threads ,
- chopped almonds (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- Take a bowl and mix the shredded coconut with 300 ml (1 1/4 cup/ 10.1 fl oz) of coconut milk. Keep this mixture aside for 30 minutes. Add remaining 20 ml (0.7 fl oz) coconut milk; add the saffron threads and the erythritol. Mix it properly for the sugar to dissolve. After 30 minutes, heat a wok and melt the ghee in it. Add the coconut mixture, and keep mixing ensuring the flame is at low and the mixture does not stick to the surface. Keep mixing for 5-7 minutes. Add the Elaichi / cardamom powder and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes. Take a baking tray/ barfi tray (I used a 16 cm/ 6.3 inch square baking tray), butter it and spread the mixture evenly, up to 1 cm thick. Freeze it for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Cut small squares according to your own liking and the barfi is ready. Refrigerate for up to 5 days or if too soft, freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:10:43.