Bacon & Egg Fat Bombs
- 2 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 1/4 cup butter (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (free-range or organic)
- ground black pepper (free-range or organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (free-range or organic)
- 4 slices bacon (free-range or organic)
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the bacon strips out flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don't overlap.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- The time depends on the thickness of the bacon slices.
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- I made a double batch of the fat bombs and used them as party snacks! Boil the eggs.
- Fill a small saucepan with water up to three quarters.
- Add a good pinch of salt.
- This will prevent the eggs from cracking.
- Bring to a boil.
- Using a spoon or hand, dip each egg in and out of the boiling water - be careful not to get burnt.
- This will prevent the egg from cracking as the temperature change won't be so dramatic.
- To get the eggs hard-boiled, you need round 10 minutes.
- This timing works for large eggs.
- When done, remove from the heat and place in a bowl filled with cold water.
- I like love and always use this egg timer! When chilled, peel off the shells.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add the peeled and quartered eggs.
- Mash with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour in the bacon grease and combine well.
- Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until it's solid and easy to form fat bombs.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces and prepare for "breading." Remove the egg mixture from the fridge and start creating 6 balls.
- You can use a spoon or an ice-cream scooper.
- Roll each ball in the bacon crumbles and place on a tray that will fit in the fridge.
- Enjoy by itself or with my Ultimate Keto Buns.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Also, make sure you check out my Bacon & Guacamole Fat bombs!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:11:26.