Bacon & Guacamole Fat Bombs
- 1/2 avocado (large,
- 1/4 cup butter (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 chili peppers (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 white onion (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- cayenne pepper (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 4 slices bacon (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay the bacon strips out flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don't overlap. Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown. The time depends on the thickness of the bacon slices. When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. I made a double batch of Bacon & Guacamole Fat Bombs and used them as party snacks! Halve, deseed and peel the avocado. Place the avocado, butter, chili pepper, crushed garlic, cilantro and lime juice into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mash using a potato masher or a fork until well combined. Add the diced onion and mix well. Pour in the bacon grease from the tray where you baked the bacon and mix well. Cover with a foil and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. If you are wondering why I used another bowl, it's simple because I couldn't fit the glass bowl in the fridge 🙂 Crumble the bacon into small pieces and prepare for "breading." Remove the guacamole mixture from the fridge and start creating 6 balls. You can use a spoon or an ice-cream scooper. Roll each ball in the bacon crumbles and place on a tray that will fit in the fridge. Enjoy by itself or with my Ultimate Keto Buns! Eat immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:07.