Bacon & Guacamole Fat Bombs
- 1/2 avocado (large
- 1/4 cup butter (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 chili peppers (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 white onion (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- cayenne pepper (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 4 slices bacon (large, 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the bacon strips out flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don't overlap.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- The time depends on the thickness of the bacon slices.
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- I made a double batch of Bacon & Guacamole Fat Bombs and used them as party snacks! Halve, deseed and peel the avocado.
- Place the avocado, butter, chili pepper, crushed garlic, cilantro and lime juice into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash using a potato masher or a fork until well combined.
- Add the diced onion and mix well.
- Pour in the bacon grease from the tray where you baked the bacon and mix well.
- Cover with a foil and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- If you are wondering why I used another bowl, it's simple because I couldn't fit the glass bowl in the fridge 🙂 Crumble the bacon into small pieces and prepare for "breading." Remove the guacamole mixture from the fridge and start creating 6 balls.
- You can use a spoon or an ice-cream scooper.
- Roll each ball in the bacon crumbles and place on a tray that will fit in the fridge.
- Enjoy by itself or with my Ultimate Keto Buns! Eat immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:07.