Asian Inspired Keto Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 star anise (medium)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (medium)
- 4 garlic cloves (medium)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup (medium)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili paste (medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- Place your pork chops on a flat surface and pound to ½ inch thick Halve your garlic cloves and set aside Grind the peppercorns and star anise to a fine powder in a blender or using a mortar and pestle. Add the lemongrass and garlic and pound or blend until a puree forms.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and five spice powder and mix well. Put the pork chops in a tray, add the marinade, and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate at room temp for 1-2 hours. Heat a pan to high and lightly coat your pork chops with almond flour. Add the chops to the pan and sear them on both side, turning once.
- About two minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut each pork chop into several strips. To create a sauce, stir together the Sambal chili paste and sugar-free ketchup – easy and delicious!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:13.