Meatball Sub Pockets *low carb *gluten free *keto
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 eggs (+ 1 egg yolk)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup pasta sauce (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese (chopped)
- For the Meatballs Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Add all meatball ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Form into ping pong ball sized meatballs and lay separated on a tray Bake until fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
- For the Pockets/Crust Preheat oven to 400 degrees F In a microwave safe bowl, add mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until well combined and melted.
- Add almond flour, garlic powder and eggs.
- Stir until well combined and a ball of dough forms.
- Roll out dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin.
- Make it into 2 large rectangular shapes (each one to fit the size of your cookie sheet) that are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove the top layer of parchment and cut dough into 12 square-ish parts (6 per rectangle) using a rolling pizza cutter.
- Leave on bottom layer of parchment and transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Bake for each rectangle for 1 minute just to make it a bit easier to work with but not enough to cook it.
- Top each square with 1 TBSP of shredded mozzarella and 1 cooked meatball.
- Wrap each meatball with the square of crust it is sitting on, pressing it into a ball shape and setting the wrapped meatball seam side down back on the cookie sheet.
- Bake wrapped meatballs for 8-10 minutes, watching for golden brown crust.
- Microwave or simmer spaghetti sauce until warm and add 1/4 cup to the bottom of 4 bowls.
- Add 3 wrapped meatballs to each bowl and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:50.