Fat Head Ham, Cream Cheese & Nuts Pull-Apart Ring / Keto / Low Carb / Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (160 g)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (160 g)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (160 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (160 g)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (160 g)
- 4 slices ham
- 4 ounces cream cheese (160 g)
- 1 ounce chopped nuts (160 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (160 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (160 g)
- In a large saucepan, melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese over low heat until it can be stirred together and remove from the heat.
- (Or microwave 1 - 1.5 minutes.)
- Stir until well combined.
- Add an egg and stir.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder (and xanthan gum) and mix well.
- Wet your hand and knead the dough until uniform.
- *Reheat the dough if it gets crumbly.
- Add flour little by little (like 1/2 tsp at a time) if the dough is too sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Place the dough on a parchment paper.
- Top the dough with another piece of parchment paper and roll it out into a 15 x 12 inch (40 x 30 cm) rectangle.
- Place the ham on the dough.
- Spread the cream cheese on the ham.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts and black pepper.
- Roll up the dough.
- Place the seam side down on the parchment paper and form a ring.
- Seal the ends together.
- (* Wetting your hands definitely helps!)
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the dough if desired.
- With kitchen scissors or a knife, cut from outside edge to two-thirds toward the center of the ring at about 2 inch (5 cm) intervals.
- Place the parchment paper with the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 - 15 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:09.