Healthy Homemade Ketchup
- 1 cup tomato purée (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1 onions (small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 drops stevia (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (240g / 8.5 oz)
- ground black pepper (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup water (240g / 8.5 oz)
- Peel and cut the onion and garlic in smaller pieces.
- Have all the other ingredients on hand ready to be used.
- You can use any vinegar you like such as apple cider or white / red wine vinegar or even try making your own fruit vinegar.
- I used cherry vinegar in this recipe.
- Place everything in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add a bit more water if too thick.
- Place everything in a blender or use an immersion blender and pulse until smooth.
- Done! Pour in a glass jar and keep in the fridge up to a month or preserve for longer (water-bath canning works best).
- Try with Low-Carb "French Fries"!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:58.