Healthy Homemade Ketchup
- 1 cup tomato purée (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1 onions (small,
- 2 cloves garlic ,
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice ,
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves ,
- 6 drops stevia (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (240g / 8.5 oz)
- ground black pepper (240g / 8.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup water (240g / 8.5 oz)
- Peel and cut the onion and garlic in smaller pieces. Have all the other ingredients on hand ready to be used. You can use any vinegar you like such as apple cider or white / red wine vinegar or even try making your own fruit vinegar. I used cherry vinegar in this recipe. Place everything in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Add a bit more water if too thick. Place everything in a blender or use an immersion blender and pulse until smooth. Done! Pour in a glass jar and keep in the fridge up to a month or preserve for longer (water-bath canning works best). Try with Low-Carb "French Fries"!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:58.