Vegan Keto Smoked Maple Tempeh
- 1 block tempeh (8 oz 226g)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (8 oz 226g)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together sugar-free syrup, tamari, olive oil and salt, and let sit for a few minutes so the salt dissolves and the flavors meld together.
- Slice the tempeh into pieces about 1/4" thick (I cut them on an angle for greater surface area).
- Dip each slice of tempeh into the maple mixture so that it's totally covered, and place onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat for each slice.
- Brush/pour the remainder of the sauce over the tempeh and place the baking tray in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, optionally flipping halfway through.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:20.