Ultimate Low Carb, Keto Vegan Seed Loaf
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms (diced)
- 1 tablespoon palm oil (diced)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (diced)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour (diced)
- 2 teaspoons spices (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt (diced)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly oil 2 small loaf pans or one medium-sized loaf pan.
- Set aside.Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and oil to a pan.
- Saute on medium heat until lightly browned.Combine ground flaxseed with warm water in a small bowl and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.Meanwhile, add sunflower seeds to the bowl of your food processor.
- Process until there are small bits, the size of hemp hearts.
- Add hemp hearts, almond flour, spices, and salt.
- Pulse lightly, to break up the hemp hearts a little bit and combine everything.Transfer seed mixture to a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Transfer sauteed mixture to your food processor and give it a little whirl to break things down.Drop sauteed ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add processed seeds.
- Stir to combine, then add flaxseed mixture.
- Stir until everything is coated in the mixture.
- It should be a thick paste.Divide mixture and press into loaf pans.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 hours before running a knife along the edge of the loaf pan and lifting out the loaf.
- You can also serve from inside the pan.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:27:34.