Keto Brown Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 500 milliliters heavy cream (16.9 fl oz)
- 250 milliliters unsweetened almond milk (16.9 fl oz)
- 80 grams unsalted butter (16.9 fl oz)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (16.9 fl oz)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (16.9 fl oz)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (16.9 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup xylitol sweetener (16.9 fl oz)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F.
- Melt 20 grams of the butter and toss through the pecans until coated.
- Spread out in an even layer on an oven tray and bake until browned.
- Keep an eye on them as they can burn very easily.
- Place cream, almond milk, vanilla, glycerine and Xylitol into a pan and heat over gentle heat until Xylitol has dissolved.
- Melt the remaining 60 grams of butter in a pan and keep heating it until it reaches a deep golden brown colour.
- Again, keep an eye on it so that it doesnt burn.
- Add the butter to the cream mixture and whisk well.
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add one third of the cream mixture to the egg yolks to temper the yolks, beating well.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture in to the cream, beating the whole time, and place back over medium heat.
- Cook slowly until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Place cling wrap over the surface of the custard to avoid a skin forming and chill in the refrigerator until cold, preferably overnight.
- Place mixture into your ice cream maker and mix until soft serve consistency is achieved.
- Fold the pecans through the mix, retaining a handful for garnish.
- Spoon the ice cream into a container, sprinkle with remaining pecans and freeze until firm, usually only a couple of hours.
- Store, in a container, in the freezer for up to a month.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:07:04.