Keto Brown Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 500 milliliters heavy cream (16.9 fl oz)
- 250 milliliters unsweetened almond milk (16.9 fl oz)
- 80 grams unsalted butter (16.9 fl oz)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (16.9 fl oz)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (16.9 fl oz)
- 4 large egg yolks ,
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (16.9 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup xylitol sweetener (16.9 fl oz)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F. Melt 20 grams of the butter and toss through the pecans until coated. Spread out in an even layer on an oven tray and bake until browned. Keep an eye on them as they can burn very easily. Place cream, almond milk, vanilla, glycerine and Xylitol into a pan and heat over gentle heat until Xylitol has dissolved. Melt the remaining 60 grams of butter in a pan and keep heating it until it reaches a deep golden brown colour. Again, keep an eye on it so that it doesnt burn. Add the butter to the cream mixture and whisk well. Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and beat well. Add one third of the cream mixture to the egg yolks to temper the yolks, beating well. Slowly add the egg yolk mixture in to the cream, beating the whole time, and place back over medium heat. Cook slowly until the mixture thickens. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool. Place cling wrap over the surface of the custard to avoid a skin forming and chill in the refrigerator until cold, preferably overnight. Place mixture into your ice cream maker and mix until soft serve consistency is achieved. Fold the pecans through the mix, retaining a handful for garnish. Spoon the ice cream into a container, sprinkle with remaining pecans and freeze until firm, usually only a couple of hours. Store, in a container, in the freezer for up to a month.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:07:04.